August 28, 2010

overheard 3.

Funny things the kids have said lately:

Ellie was all dressed up in her favorite new outfit for school to go to kindergarten testing (tear!). As we were driving home, I said, "Ellie, I just love your outfit. Do you feel so cute?" She responded, "Yeah....but I just REALLY like the panties I'm wearing!" (she got new panties too :)).

One night at bedtime I was laying down with the girls and kissed them all goodnight to leave. Addie said, "Mom, you can't leave or I start freaking out!"

Ellie: "Mom, it goes 'January, February, Stansbury', right?"

One day I had gone school clothes shopping for Ellie (without her). I bought her some shoes I thought were super cute and that she would really like. They were on such a good sale, I decided to get Addie some too because she would be sad if Ellie got some and she didn't. When I got home, I pulled Addie's shoes out first. Ellie saw the box and and immediately had tears in her eyes. Trying to not burst into full on crying she said, "those are Twinkle Toes - by Sketchers!" Totally surprised (because that's exactly what it said on the box), I asked her how she knew that. She said "from the commercinal!" (commercial). She was devastatated. Luckily, she got Twinkle Toes too. Those tears of sadness turned to tears of happiness, and luckily both girls ended up happy.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

ohhhh, sweet girl! You are the best mommy Danica. And your girls are seriously the cutest little things ever. I just love addie. her big eyes. Oh I could just love on her all day. I hope Ellie loves Kindergarten. If you think thats bad wait until 1st grade. I was a wreck to have her go all day. Enjoy this year while you still get her for most of the day.... :)