March 19, 2010

vacation.

This is where we were last week. It was totally a spur of the moment, last minute thing. It was a blast.


(can't get the photos in the order I want them, so here they are randomly)

We stayed with some dear friends, Adam and Julia Olsen. Here we are with a storm trooper on the strip.


Julia and I have been best friends since we were 2. Seriously. We grew up living two houses away. We are true BFFs. :) Love her to pieces.



We attended a fundraiser luau for the Downs Sydrome Foundation with Julia and Adam. It was so cool.


This is their Brooklyn. She's the sweetest thing ever. I got asked a few times how old the (her) kids were, and/or if they were twins. All three of Julia's kids have red hair (and mine have blond). We say it's from hanging out together so much when we were little. :)


Me and L.J at the luau.




The awesome fireknife guy that performed at the luau.









The view from the windows of the Stratosphere. We got tickets to go on the rides but they shut it down due to wind by the time we got there. I was sad about that, L.J. was relieved. :)



Probably my favorite site at Las Vegas - the fountains at the Bellagio.


And this is the idea that sparked the vacation, to watch BYU play in the Mountain West Conference Tournament. They didn't do fabulous, but it was still fun to be there live. The game was actually a nail biter, we lost by 2.





What a cute boy!

This is a collage I made of some fun shots from the Bellagio.


Man oh man we had fun. And the weather was beautiful most of the time. A huge thank you to Mom and Dad Stewart for watching the girls, and again to Adam and Julia for being such great hosts! Love you!



1 comments:

Jules said...

So much fun! I don't do the spur of the moment very well because I have to plan plan plan. I usually get really moody on trips and don't like things to be out of my area of control. Maybe that is why I am such a homebody.

I'm so glad you guys could take a vacay and create some great memories!