February 22, 2010

things i am loving right now:

(aside from my five favorite people, of course :)



1. The Olympics. I. CANNOT. GET. ENOUGH. Not sure why, but I just LOVE them. I could just curl up with a blanket and watch them all day long. 99% of the time I would be perfectly happy not even owning a t.v., but I'm sure loving it right now.

2. This smell:



Man oh man, we go through so much of this at our house. It's the only lotion L.J will. use, and we both have incredibly dry skin. So you can imagine that the kids do too. We all take a bath in it at least once a day, and sometimes more.


3. Aquaphor. Ditto to #2 for the reason why. I actually use it as face lotion twice a day - way cheaper than the fancy stuff and it works like a charm.


4. These:



In general I am not a store bought cookie fan. I love me some homemade chocolate chip cookies, plain and simple. However, I have such a weak spot for Oreos. I love the mint ones too. My kids have learned the true love of Oreos as well (remember this?).


5. My new dishwasher. The old one was not too pretty and did a mediocre job. And it leaked a lot. This one is sleek and smooth, and cleans like a champ. And the best part? All of the buttons are on the top (not the front), so the kids can't reach them.



6. Windex. Have you ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? Well, I'm not quite that bad - I don't use it for medicinal purposes (yet). But I clean EVERYTHING with it. Seriously. My cleaning supplies consisit of Windex and Ajax (for the toilets). I clean the counters, sinks, wood floors, appliances, bathrooms, and mirrors with it. I detail my car with it. And it's cheap. That makes it even better.

7. The way Macie smells when I get her out of her crib in the morning. It's not clean, it's not dirty, it's just a warm, comfy smell - you know what I mean? And then the schnuggles for at least 15 minutes after she wakes up. I know it won't last forever, so I'm just trying to soak it up while I can. Sometimes I think my heart's just going to burst when I think about how much I love that girl. :)


3 comments:

Melissa said...

cute post! I am in love with your house. Just from looking at your pics on your blog it looks amazing!

The little ones grow so fast you do have to enjoy it while it lasts. Those little monkeys :)

Keiauni said...

:)

Emily S said...

With you on the Olympics - I always get SO SAD when it's over! Jealous of the dishwasher, I'm gonna need to check my coveting on that one.:)

And the tea party is adorable. Ellie is just the sweetest girl.