February 22, 2009

Sugar Cookies

A couple of nights ago the Relief Society Presidency dropped off a giant sugar cookie with a cookie cutter attatched as a little thank you for working in the Relief Society (I'm a teacher). Ellie saw it as she walked out the door to go to her friend's house. A couple of hours later when she got home, the first thing she said was, "Where is that cookie? I want to eat it." Unfortunately, Addie and I ate it while she was gone. When I broke the news to her, she was in tears. I promised I would buy her some cookies. The next morning while she was still asleep, I kissed her goodbye before I left for work. Without opening her eyes she said, "Mom, will you bring me a pink heart cookie with stripes on it?" Well, after stopping at three grocery stores on my way home from work, I couldn't find any pink heart sugar cookies. So, we made some instead! It was lots of fun. Both the kitchen and the kids were a huge mess afterwards, but it was worth it!

3 comments:

Chelsie Wilde said...

Homemade ones are the BEST! My girls love making them too! Do you have Grandma Ina's recipe? So yummy!! WHat cute little girls you have!!

Liz said...

Very cute. What a brave woman doing that with multiple kids :)!

Briann said...

How fun! I want some! :)