February 16, 2009

St. Louis, Arkansas, and Edward (heart)

Last weekend LJ and I went to St. Louis to see his family (his dad's family still lives there) and then we drove to Arkansas so LJ could baptize Grant. We didn't take any kids - our first real get away since Ellie was born. Despite missing the kids, we had a blast! It was so fun to talk and hang out, it almost felt like we were dating again!

LJ and his Grandma Alice


Grant's baptism

Olive Garden lunch after the baptism



After lunch, we got to take Grant until the next morning. We swam in the hotel pool, and had grand plans of going to Build-a-Bear and bowling. On our way to Build-a-Bear (at an outdoor mall), we stopped at Borders. Three hours and 8 books later, it was too late to go bowling or to Build-a-Bear. We only left because the store was closing! So we went to IHOP instead. I love Granster so much, and it was fun to be able to spend some quality time with just him.

And last but not least, Edward. Between 20 hours of flights and driving, I knew I needed to take a book. I planned to go to the store and buy one, but never got around to it. So LJ convinced me to read Twilight (he's read them all and we own them). LJ was smart enough to bring the second book too. In 4 days, I read the first two books and would've started on the third if we had brought it. I couldn't put them down! I now fully understand and appreciate the excitement related to these wonderful books (Kristen :)). And I'm totally Team Edward (just finished the third book). LJ says it's okay if I love him, too. :)

6 comments:

Kristen Harmon said...

Yeah, fun family trip, Grant's baptism, blah blah blah... (j/k of course, yay for that!)

But YAY for the newly Twilighted Danica! Don't you just feel like, complete, now that you have Twilight in your life?! And more importantly, when do you want to watch the movie with me?! hehe

And take it from me - no matter how much he says it's okay to love Edward, DO NOT tell him that you do! Because once you do, you will never, no never, hear the end of it. Yes, I speak from experience. :)

Janae' said...

That is so nice you had such a nice trip.. It looks like fun and were you in Little Rock??? I live so close to there!! But I know.. You need to spend time with family I would have done the same exact thing, but it is cool to know you were here in my state. :) LOL..

Sarah said...

What an awesome family you two have. I can't wait t o see ya'll again.

Holly said...

I can't believe Grant is old enough to be baptized! Wow!
Edward? Why? I don't get it. Jacob is so much better. (Maybe it's because I live in Alaska and need a little warmth in my life.)

Keiauni said...

Cool beans. You finally READ the books! I can't believe I am finding this out on your BLOG.

I think we should comment on each other's blogs more often... doesn't this make you feel LOVED?(j/k)

Glad you had fun on your trip:)

Briann said...

I LOVE those books! I read the 1st 2 books in Texas in 2 days and couldn't wait for the 3rd and 4th I am totally Team Edward too! I need to call you, I promise i will soon!