November 12, 2008

I Love LJ

I have been so appreciative of LJ lately. It was WONDERFUL to be home with him everyday for 2 months while I was on maternity leave. And these past few weeks since I have been back to work, he has been awesome. When I get home (around 8:30-9:00 pm since I work 12 hour shifts + give report to the next nurse + a 45 minute drive home), the house is totally clean, the dishes and laundry are done, and the kids are bathed and usually in their pajamas. He is also the accountant and the fix it/constuction guy. I have not had to take the garbage out in over a year. He even cooks (pies are his specialty), and is learning to do hair. :) He even does these things on the days that I don't work. But most of all, I love that he is Ellie's best friend. And he is Addie's best friend. They wrestle. They cuddle. They watch Dora and Little Einstein. When they are hurt or sad, they want Daddy. He makes them laugh like no one else can. He is SO patient and loving with them. He does such a good job taking care of Macie, too. I don't know many guys that could take care of a two month old for 14 hours a day. And then add a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 year old to the mix. He amazes me. No, it was never my plan to work full time and have my husband stay home with the kids.











But I am grateful. LJ is the best daddy, ever.

3 comments:

Briann said...

What a good daddy!

Julia said...

wow! L.J. you put me to shame and I only have 2 kids. You are awesome. Hope to see you guys at Thanksgiving. :)

I love your blog, D...it is so cute!

Cora said...

Hi Danica! Found you :) Your page is so cute. And your girls, oh my goodness. They are adorable! So happy to see you guys are doing so well. Does L.J. give lessons? :)