December 24, 2009

the best christmas present ever.


We are ecstatic to announce that we are being sealed forever as a family this Tuesday.
I think that's the best present I could ever ask for. I can't bear the thought of not being with these amazing people who I love so much after this life. And now I don't have to! This has been a long time coming! L.J. and I were married civilly in 2003. Not because we didn't want to be married in the temple. We were both completely active. Both returned missionaries. Both attended the temple regularly. The problem was that L.J. had been married before and his x-wife was not cooperative in various things that delayed the process of their sealing being cleared so he and I could be sealed. After lots of pondering, praying, and tears, we decided we would be married civilly, knowing it could take a year or more for paperwork to be completed and approved. Since we have been married, we have started the process four times. First, we moved. Then our bishop was diagnosed with cancer and released. Then our stake presidency changed and the paperwork was lost. And this time, it finally worked. I'm so excited.
Dresses are bought. Dinner is planned. Heart is overflowing.

7 comments:

Dan said...

Congratulations. I am thankful to have been a part of this process. I look forward to seeing you in the temple together forever.

Meagan said...

That is the Best Presen ever!! I am so happy for you and your family. What a neat day it will be.

Janae' said...

That is the best thing ever!! Couldn't be happier for you! Your girls will always remember that too!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. You deserve happiness forever, and you 2 are the sweetest people, I love watching you two interact. Good luck with everything, and let me know if you need anything!

Keli said...

Congratulations to you and your sweet family. I am so happy for you! I still remember when I went with my parents. It will be an incredible experience. I am so sad that I can't be there to take some pictures. I love reading your blog...somehow your positive attitude and the sweet experiences you share of your cute little girls always makes me tear up. You are such an amazing person and I am so excited for you!

Chelsie Wilde said...

That is so awesome you guys! I am so sorry and so sad that we missed it! You guys are such a neat family! Hopefully we will get to see you soon!

Briann said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I wish I could have been there! We love you guys!