July 04, 2009

Grant Ready.

Grant got here last Sunday from Arkansas. He will be here for 5 weeks. We are SO happy to have him here! I just wanted to post some pictures of his room we got ready the day before he came (although it's been in the works for a while).



(Hi Addie). I got this headboard for a killer deal and we kind of worked around it for the rest of the room.



The awesome crown molding and casing job (notice the rope lighting) - done by LJ before the broken leg.



My dresser-in-a-day. I picked this up at the D.I. for $15 Friday morning, slapped some new paint, glaze, and handles on it, and it was done that night.


(before)

So it's fun having just a part time boy to buy stuff and decorate for. Girl stuff is still more fun (sorry to those of you who have all boys, but it's true) but it adds some nice variety. :) This room is totally Grant - sports bedspread, Star Wars, Superman, and Ironman posters on the walls, and BYU picture frames I made. And this morning he arranged all of his 42 Marvel action figures on the headboard and threatened anyone who touches them. :) We sure love this dude!

4 comments:

Keiauni said...

It looks GREAT!!

Holly said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with your skills.

Melissa said...

Hey its Melissa Cox from the ward!!! I just found your blog through the bishops. Could you possibly have a cuter family??? I love all the work you did for Grant's room. Maybe you could come over and do some work to my house! I heard your husband is AMAZING with moulding and all the fun house stuff. What a lucky girl you are! BUt seriously you have the cutest family!!! So glad I found you!

Briann said...

Yay how fun! Hey Im having a party for Leah next saturday the 18th at 1pm let me know if you and the girls and grant can come!