June 25, 2009

So Far So Good.

We have had quite the week! Here's a little photo documentation:


6.16.09 - the initial break



6.19.09 - some nice bruising

6.23.09 - fixed with a plate and 6 screws


Surgery was delayed a little bit from the initial plan. We didn't like the orthopedic surgeon the hospital sent us to, so we went to our regular guy. Yes, I know most people don't have a 'regular' orthopedic surgeon. LJ's a bit more fragile than most. This was surgery #4 by Dr. Douglas in 3.5 years. I asked him if he did a punch card, like buy 4 surgeries, get the 5th free. The sugery went well. LJ was hating life yesterday after the nerve block wore off, but doing a bit better today. He can't put any weight on it for 12 weeks. Our summer is going to be a bit more laid back than we had planned (Grant gets here on Sunday for 5 weeks. Yay!).

And a HUGE thank-you to all of family and friends who have helped us out and offered to help this past week. You have been life savers!

5 comments:

Liz said...

I felt so bad for LJ yesterday. He seriously looked like he was HURTING. I can take some or all of your kids anytime. Ellie was great yesterday, we want to have her come play again soon.

Kristen Harmon said...

I hope this doesn't sound uncaring, but - that is flat-out the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. That said, we hope LJ's feeling okay!! :)

Kristen Harmon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reader Family said...

Sorry, Kristen - I guess my sense of 'gross' is a little messed up after being an ICU nurse for 10 years. :)

Dan said...

Just looking at these pictures makes me hurt. Thank heaven for modern medicine. Hope LJ is feeling better.