May 03, 2009

Happy.

It has been such a great week. Two of the best things happened. #1: We got new carpet! I can't tell you how happy I am every time I see it, walk on it, smell the new carpet smell when I walk in the door... it's just wonderful! Our old carpet was a light beige color and so ugly! There were lots of stains and it was just cheap - the cheap stuff they put in when they build the house. It was just gross. And our new carpet is plush and clean and dark and multicolored and oh so soft and comfty (Ellie's word). I'm so happy! We have done so much to our house, but the final results were always not quite as good because we still had ugly carpet. Now that we have nice carpet, our house is so much cuter! Can you tell I like it just a little bit? :)
This is after they pulled the old stuff out:
And here's the new!
I could just vacuum it all day! We are being super strict about no food, drinks, or shoes on the new carpet, but just in case, does anyone have any spill-proof sippy cup recommendations? (We haven't found any that we love.)
And the other great thing was Women's Conference! This is a two day conference at BYU that I LOVE going to and look forward to all year. There are fabulous speakers in the morning and evening (Julie B. Beck, Camille Fronk, and Elder L. Tom Perry this year), and wonderful classes to choose from during the day. I went with my cousin Emily and my mom and sister and loved every minute of it. In the evenings we shopped, went to a great concert (put on for the conference), talked, ate good food, and shopped some more. Everyone should go! It is wonderful!
On the beatiful BYU campus in the rain. That almost made it more fun!
With the girls. We stayed together for some classes, split up for some classes, and each went to the ones we thought we needed most. We all came away refreshed from getting away for a few days, with our spiritual buckets filled, with stronger friendships, with lots of new books (dang BYU Bookstore does us in every year), and some new clothes, jewelry and WALLETS (a whole story in itself :)) Does it get any better that that for a girls getaway? Nope, I don't think so. :)
And a HUMONGOUS thank you to LJ for watching the girls for basically 5 days straight between the days I worked and the days I was at Women's Conference. I left a few days after the carpet was put in, so our house still wan't totally put back together. When I came home, it was completely put back together and spotless (AND the baby is teething). I think I am married to Superman.
And, he was supposed to have knee surgery on Monday, but was SO nice to wait so I could go to Women's Conference. So it's next week instead. Isn't he the BEST? I sure think so.
I sure have a lot to be happy for.

2 comments:

Janae' said...

I LOVE that Post!!! I want that carpet and wish I was at Women's Conference too.. I am very happy for you!!!

Holly said...

I am soooo on board next year for womens conference! Count me in!!! I love your carpet. It really is quite exciting. Oh yes, we love the 16 oz. (small size) camel back cups with a straw. They work awesome, have no BPA and looks like something appropriate for my almost five (GASP) year old can drink from.