April 14, 2009

Easter Fun

The Easter Bunny came to our house on Saturday this year because I had to work on Sunday. Luckily the girls are small enough that they didn't know the difference. :) The Easter Bunny hid their baskets, and they had fun finding them. Of all of the fun things in them, the biggest hit with all of them was the $.50 suckers. I'll have to remember that for next year. :)

Then we went to an Easter egg hunt in our neighborhood. The girls were kind of timid with so many kids there, but still had a great time.




I know this probably puts me in the Bad Mom Category, but I did not color Easter eggs with the kids this year. I hard boiled them, then backed out. Addie is Sister Destructo, Macie would try to grab the bowls of colored water and put them in her mouth - and now that I think of it, Addie probably would too. I felt pretty guilty until this morning. I was eating one of those hard boiled eggs and had the salt shaker out to put some salt on it. I went upstairs for maybe two minutes to get Macie out of her crib and change her diaper, and Addie had dumped the entire (full) salt shaker onto the table, floor, and laptop. My guilt was washed away. Definately don't want to take my chances with various bowls of brightly colored liquid dye. Maybe next year, girls. :) But we had a fun Easter anyway.

2 comments:

Allison said...

your girls are so stinken cute. I miss those little dolls, and cant wait to meet cute little Macie. I bet all holidays are so much fun with them, as I bet they get so excited just as we use to growing up. Love you guys.

Keiauni said...

Ha Ha hA!! I love the thought of what would happen...

The girls look so cute.