January 04, 2009

OveRheArd

Tonight I was upstairs and heard lots of thuds. Immediately Ellie started crying. She had fallen down the stairs. I asked her, "Ellie, did you fall down all of the stairs, or just a few?" She replies, through her tears, "I didn't fall down all of them because I bounced over one."

A few minutes later I asked Ellie to get some pajamas out to get ready for bed. Addie ran over to Ellie's pajama drawer, grabbed some of her jammies, and told us in no uncertains terms - by Addie language - that those were the jammies that Ellie would wear. Ellie didn't really want to wear those ones, but being the sweet thing that she is said, "I will wear them so Addie won't be mad at me." At 1 1/2 Addie is not only INSISTING on which clothes she will wear (today it was her coat all day) but apparently what other people in the family will wear as well.
Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What an awesome family you guys have. We really need to get together. Hope your holidays were good. later. -Jake

Holly said...

Haha! What a little spit fire. I come to Utah this week (hopefull! I've already had one canceled flight.) I'd LOVE to get our girls together.