November 08, 2008

The New Backsplash











I wanted to post some pictures of LJ's newest completed project - tiling the backsplash in the kitchen! It turned out so well and I just love it! I love that he is a perfectionist when it comes to these kinds of things. It is also great to have my own personal handyman. He seriously can do/fix/make almost anything! Our house is 5 years old (2 years old when we moved in). It was in good shape, but just not our style. We are slowly making over every room in the house with new paint, crown molding and baseboards, framing the windows and closets, new lighting and/or light fixtures (LJ used to work as an electrician), and some little unique extras to each room. LJ's Honey-Do List at the moment is:
-knobs and handles for the kitchen cabinets
-molding, beadboard, and tile the kid's bathroom (I'm going to paint it brown and it will have pink accents - love that I can do that since we have all girls!)
-make a toy chest for the girls' room (to match their cute bunkbeds they are getting for Christmas)
-make a bookshelf for the girls' room (that matches also)
-and after all that is done (if I don't come up with anything else), we (okay, HE) will start framing and sheet rocking the basement.
I love my husband! (and my house:))

4 comments:

Keiauni said...

Sheesh... I'm glad that I'm not the only one who expects so much:)
(J/k)
so, It's funny that we have so many similar projects...and such talented husbands:)

Guess we just lucked out.

The kitchen looks SO good.

Teen Dating - Ourteennetwork.com said...

great craftsmanship that's a beautiful kitchen wish it was mine!!

Donata said...

very nice

Holly said...

It looks great! I guess we all need an LJ.